Ruby on Rails is a development tool that works as a framework mainly used for web application development. It gives MVC ( Model View Controller ) architectural structure to the code that makes development easy.
This framework is developed on Ruby programming language, called Ruby on Rails. This blog will help you understand the usage of Ruby on Rails, Key points on Ruby on Rails performance Optimization, and a list of companies using Rails.
Key Benefits Of Ruby On Rails In Web Development
As we have understood from the introduction that Ruby on Rails is the preferred framework for web app development, let us look at Ruby on Rails key benefits.
- Security: Ruby on Rails as a framework provides a high-security development cycle. These security measures are built into the system by default, which is important to consider.
- Community: Ruby on Rails has a larger active community and can help developers solve the bugs issues that can occur at the time of development.
- Cost Efficient: Ruby on Rails is an open-source framework and can be accessed by anyone, which is the main reason for its cost effectiveness. Free plugins for web application development offered in Rails save time and money.
- Flexible: This point is worth considering as Ruby on Rails is compatible with adjusting existing code with the new features. Ruby on Rails can be used for long-term development processes because of its stability. Moreover, if you want to have scalable and rich user-friendly web applications based on Ruby on Rails, contact us to hire Ruby on Rails developer for your product.
Key Points To Consider For Ruby On Rails Performance Optimization
The process of optimization of framework becomes mandatory to have successful web applications. Therefore below are the sure short tips you should consider for Ruby on Rails performance tuning in your existing product built on the framework.
- Server-Side Tuning: The server plays a vital role in developing any web application. Therefore, always choose the right server for your application to complete all your product requirements and maintain good performance.
- Update Ruby Code: Ruby as a programming language gets updated every time, so it is necessary to upgrade your Ruby code to get faster performance.
- Remove N+1 Query Problem: N1 query problem is one of the most common problems that decrease the performance of web application development on Ruby on Rails. To eliminate this problem, you should eliminate independent queries in the database. This process will help you enhance Ruby on Rails performance in your application.
For more detailed information, check out the ultimate Ruby on Rails performance tuning guide.
Ruby On Rails Is The Preferred Choice For A Variety Of Projects
Ruby on Rails is a highly adaptable framework, making it one of the most preferred frameworks for development by various business categories. Various business types choose Ruby on Rails, such as small businesses ( Startups ), mid-level, and large businesses. The below-given list will help you understand more about the companies that have used Ruby on Rails in their products.
E-commerce is one of the most popular and booming industries in 2022, and business owners require high-performing, secured web applications. Here is the list of companies that are using Rails for their business:
Shopify is a Canadian-based E-commerce company that is popular worldwide. This platform allows users to sell and buy online products online.
As Shopify has millions of active users daily, they require powerful backend support to fulfill the requests coming from their users. Therefore, they have started using Ruby on Rails in their web application to get consistent backend maintenance.
Ruby on Rails provides full support in providing structured code, stability, and a faster development process. These reasons give great session time to the users using web applications built on Ruby on Rails.
Netflix is one of the most popular online streaming platforms that use Ruby on Rails for their applications. According to the survey done by Gadget360, Netflix has 222 million subscribers worldwide, which makes it the top video streaming platform in the world.
With the help of Ruby on Rails, Netflix has received full support in microservices and the internal security of data in applications.
Ruby on Rails has helped many hospitality companies to scale their business with the consistency it brings in the development of web applications.
Airbnb is one of the biggest and highly preferred platforms for an accommodation worldwide. Airbnb has around 150 million users and 5.6 million active listed properties available for accommodation.
The above mentioned all the key points are worth considering. However, ruby on rails optimization varies from app to app. If your application’s performance is perfect, optimizing is not compulsory. But if your users face problems at the time of visit on your product, you must tune your web application to get the best performance.