Global, reputable organization in JHB is looking for a Software Engineer to join their team.
The core responsibility of a Software Engineer is to design, build and extend high quality applications for the Company Platform. You’ll work closely within a team of fellow developers to bring products to market, leveraging your experience and strong technical knowledge.
- Design and create high quality, testable software that meets specifications, follows standards and is easy to maintain.
- Participate in design discussions to define solutions for complex business requirements.
- Test and peer review code for technical accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the design.
- Work in an agile development environment.
- Assist with creating project plans, breaking down requirements and estimating tasks.
- Identify and proposes areas of improvement throughout the software development process.
- At least one scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby, Go), but willing to learn Perl
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- XML, JSON
- Control Versioning Software (git)
- Test driven development techniques (TDD)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Client / Server architecture
- Relational database design
- Web Servers (e.g. IIS, Apache, NGINX)
Personality / Experience
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently
- Able to communicate effectively with remote global team members
- Systematic and focused on delivery
- Mid-level with 2+ years relevant experience
- Engineering Software