This tutorial is about the How to Find IP Address in Windows 11. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to Find IP Address in Windows 11. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Check How to Find IP Address in Windows 11
IP address, which stands for “Internet Protocol” address, is a unique address assigned to each device (computer, phone, tablet, TV, etc.) that is connected to a local network or the Internet. It is used to identify and locate a device on a network or the Internet. IP addresses manage the connection between devices that send and receive data over a network.
There are many reasons why you might want to know your device’s IP address, including if you need to allow other users on the same network to access files on your computer if you’re hosting a multiplayer video game and want to share your IP address to other players. to set up a home router or to troubleshoot a device. Whatever the reason, there are seven different ways to find your IP address in Windows 11.
How to find your IP address in Windows 11 through settings
- To get started, open the Settings menu by going to Start > Settings. Or you can also use the keyboard shortcut Windows Key + I to open the Settings page directly.
- Either way, when you do, once the Settings app opens, click Network & Internet in the list on the left.
- On the next screen, you can click on the connection you are using: Ethernet or Wi-Fi. Here I am selecting Ethernet because this device does not have Wi-Fi. But you can select any one you want to find the IP address for.
- Then scroll down a bit and on the right hand side you will find your connection’s IPV4 IP address listed.
How to find your IP address with command prompt
- Using the command prompt to find your IP address in Windows hasn’t changed much over the years. Press the Windows key and type: cmd and open it.
- Then in the first prompt, type: ipconfig and press Enter on the keyboard. That will show your IP address; it will also show your Wi-Fi if you have it connected too.
How to find your IP address with PowerShell
- If you want, you can also use the PowerShell utility that is built into Windows. Press the Windows key and type: powershell and then open the app.
- When it appears, type: ipconfig at the first prompt and press Enter on your keyboard. Just like Command Prompt, it will display your IP address.
- That’s all about it. Finding your PC’s IP address isn’t too difficult if you know where to look and what to do.
Final words: How to Find IP Address in Windows 11
I hope you understand this article How to Find IP Address in Windows 11, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.